Friday 2 March 2012

Introduction

Well, after 2 seasons in Triathlon, and finally entering THE BIG ONE (Ironman Wales 2012), I have decided to set up a blog, so my mass of followers (at least 20 on twitter alone:-) can keep up to date with my rather boring lifestyle and traing regime. Im not this boring in real life honestly!
A little bit about me:
I am 26 years old and am the Deputy Club Manager at the Dragon Hotel Health&Fitness club in Swansea (@dragonhealth). I have been here for over 5 years. In 2007 I graduated from Swansea University with a  degree in Sports Science.
Since the age of 10 I have played football for local teams including Cwm Albion Colts, Llanelli AFC and Pontardawe AFC.
However, due to time constraints with University, work and injury, I decided to not carry on with my glittering (ha-ha) football career.
Keeping fit has always been something I have done, more so since getting a job in the fitness industry, even though I have always craved something a little more interesting, exciting and challenging!
Then one day i decided to buy a road bike to commute to and from work (as my colleague and firend Andrew had starting to get into cycling), and then decided id have a bash at a local sprint triathlon (Llanelli Sprint). However I have a DNF next to my name due to a puncture (Andrew came to collect me and my bike from Burryport).
Anyway, long story short, I have done several sprint distance triathlons and a Half Ironman race last year (1.2mile swim, 56mile bike, 13.1mile run) and came in 6hrs 28mins.
And the triathlon bug has been caught! I have been training hard (ish) now for over a year and have decided to enter Ironman Wales in September (always been in the back of my head since seeing some sort of TV clip when I was a child, and the thought of being called an Ironman!!). I have also entered for Bala Half Ironman up in North Wales in June as ideal preparation. I will complete as many cycling sportives as I can with Andrew, who, being a far better cyclist, will drag me around and help me get the miles in my legs!

So, ill try not to bore you with too many boring stories about training etc, but this is my journey to Ironman Wales!!
Thanks for reading :)
You cana lso follow me on Twitter @Trirob249

No comments:

Post a Comment