Sunday 7 April 2013

Injury strikes again........

Just thought id do a quick blog explaining all that has gone on recently.

I have entered for many local races, however am unable to do any of them :-(

Did the Llanelli Half Marathon in March, knocked 5mins off my PB to finish in 1:32 off absolutely zero run training, which was nice, however I have picked up a serious injury this time around, and this time on my GOOD knee :-( which is even more frustrating. 

After a month of rest and still no improvement I decided to pay privately for an MRI scan (referred by Beccy @ukbodyworks), and have had confirmation of some issues, along with a clarification of other issues:

1. A Torn meniscus,
2. Fat pad pinching
3. Cyst protruding from the tear
4. Patella tendon longer than normal folk length, meaning my patella does not sit or track normally (meaning the injury to my other knee last year probably could not have been prevented, patella tendon ratio normally is 1-2, mine is 1-5, it is too long, nothing can be done, its how we are born. 

It is looking very likely that an operation will be needed, which I'm quite pleased with as it means the issue can be sorted ASAP.

So, that being said, I will now Transfer my Ironman Nice entry to Ironman Wales in September, hopefully get op done and come back nice and strong for Wales attempt number 2.

I am hoping to maintain swim/cycle fitness and work on some resistance exercises too, get some guns at least and maybe some form of chest ha-ha!

I have recently started my new job at HSBC which I am very much enjoying, have met some really nice people which makes things easier.

So, 2013 training wise has not been great year, lost money on race entries and I still have not ridden the TT bike in anger!

For now, PMA, rehab, and hope for the best. I hope everyone else' training is going well and you are feeling fit and healthy!! Good luck all!! 

3 comments:

  1. So, that's all bad then!
    Still, you seem positive, and clearly have a precise plan of action.
    Failing to plan is planning to fail.
    Tenby awaits.
    Again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say, I'll keep you company in Tenby. But you'll be in the pub for quite a while before I see the finish line

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi mate, I'm Ricardo from Brazil and I've read on TriTalk that you bought a FM018 TT frameset, didn't you ?

    Have you been enjoying ?

    How tall are you, which size have you bought ?

    Do you know which brand/model is FM018 similar ? Pinarello, orbea ...

    Do you have pics of your bike ?

    I'm looking forward to buy but I'd like to heard about it.

    Tks in a advance,

    Ricardo

    ReplyDelete